Snowshoeing & Tours
Snowshoeing is fun for everyone! Choose from guided tours for varying levels of ability or rent your own snowshoes and choose your own adventure. Snowshoeing is a fantastic way to get out and enjoy the outdoors at your own pace. No previous experience is needed - if you can walk you can snowshoe! With an extensive trail network, get off the beaten track and explore the winter wonderland.
Experienced trail guides can take you on a tour and provide you with knowledge of the Big White area, or you can venture on your own. Snowshoeing tour options are available from beginner to advanced, making this a fun winter adventure for all skill levels.
2019-2020 Snowshoe Tour Times & Rates
|10:00am||Adult - $40
Child (Under 13) - N/A
|Family Adventure Tour|
|1:00pm||Adult - $40
Child (Under 13) - $30
Snowshoe tours are scheduled daily, hours and dates of operation are subject to change based upon weather and conditions. Prices do not include tax and are subject to change without notice.
All guests are welcome on any tour, please be aware that the Interpretive Tour is more of an active tour and the Family Adventure Tour is more of a leisure tour.
Become one with nature on our interpretive tour and learn about the local flora and fauna from our experienced guides.
- Fully-trained guides will share their knowledge of the beautiful British Columbian back-country, flora and fauna.
- A perfect 2 hour tour for all abilities.
- Departs from outside the Happy Valley Day Lodge rental shop at 10:00am.
Family Adventure Tour
Enjoy the great outdoors with the whole family, regardless of ability. Head out on the trails with our fully-trained guides who will tailor the route to suit your group.
- Our fully-trained guides will tailor your route to suit the needs of the everyone in your group.
- A perfect 2 hour tour for the family; all ages are welcome on this fun tour
- Departs from outside the Happy Valley Day Lodge rental shop at 1:00pm
- All participants must have a valid Trail pass, Alpine ticket or Season's Pass to use the trails.
- Trail passes can be purchased from the Ticket Office in Happy Valley or the Village Centre Mall.
- Nordic ski equipment and snowshoes are available for hire from the rental shop at Happy Valley Day Lodge
Helpful Information for Tour Participants
- Tickets must be pre-purchased and picked up from the Ski School Desk in the Village Centre Mall.
- Arrive 10 minutes prior to scheduled departure time.
- Tours leave from outside the Happy Valley Day Lodge rental shop
- A valid Trail Pass is required to participate in any of the tours. If you have a Season Pass or valid lift ticket for the day of your Snowshoe Tour you do not need to purchase a Trail Pass.
- If you require snowshoe rentals, please make sure that you pick them up from the rental shop prior to your tour.
- Wear warm winter clothing with layers
- Wear warm winter boots.
- Poles are recommended for all tours.
How to Get There
- From the Village Centre - take Lara's Gondola to Happy Valley, turn left across the bridge into the Adventure Park and proceed to the trail head below the beginner's slope.
- By Vehicle - Park in the Happy Valley Parking Lot, proceed across the bridge into the Adventure Centre and proceed to the trail head below the beginner's slope.
- Tours depart from the Happy Valley rental area just outside the Happy Valley Day Lodge by the ice rink
- If snowshoe rentals are required please proceed to the Happy Valley rental shop your guide will meet you there and your tour will depart from here
- Ticket Sales located in the Happy Valley Day Lodge.
- Hot snacks/beverages available for purchase in the Happy Valley Day Lodge
- Heated Washroom facilities in the Happy Valley Day Lodge.