Ice Climbing Tower
Ice climbing is an exhilarating winter sport filled with the challenge to climb to the top. Big White has expertly trained and avid climbing staff to help and encourage you all the way. Our impressive 60 foot ice tower located in Happy Valley Adventure Park is constructed out of 4 telephone poles with 3 foot thick ice, with beginner to advanced options. All ages are welcome to participate in this exciting activity to conquer to the top, making this a fun family experience. Big White provides the climbing gear for your ice climbing adventure.
Operating Dates & Times
Open Daily from 12PM - 8PM*
*Hours and dates of operation are subject to change based upon weather and conditions.
|One Climb||Day Pass||Season Pass|
Prices include tax and are subject to change without notice.
Private Tower Rentals available - ask the Concierge Desk for more details!
- There are 4 sides to the tower - beginner and more advanced for those looking for a challenge.
- No previous experience necessary.
- Activity for all fitness levels and all ages.
- Fully trained staff.
- All equipment is provided - boots, crampons, ice tools.
- All participants must sign a waiver, parents or guardians must sign for participants under 19 years of age.
- Arrive 15 minutes prior to scheduled climb time.
- Be prepared for varying weather conditions and temperatures.
- Wear warm winter clothing with layers.
- Bring a camera!
How to Get There
- From the Village Centre - take Lara's Gondola to Happy Valley, turn left and cross the bridge into the Happy Valley Adventure Centre
- By Vehicle - Park in the Happy Valley Parking Lot, proceed to the Adventure Centre
- Ice tower with 4 sides of varying difficulty.
- Cabin for putting gear on with limited un-secured storage.
- Hot snacks/beverages available for purchase in the Happy Valley Day Lodge a short walk away, featuring Belgian Waffles, hot dogs, hot chocolate, and some other types of snack food and beverages (no alcohol).
- Heated Washroom facilities in the Adventure Centre.
- Fully lit for night climbing.
Direct: 250-491-6111 Email: email@example.com